Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Simple Fall Card


I made this card for an ongoing swap I am in over at ISC (inspire swap chat). If you want to meet some wonderful crafty women, join a few swaps and do some chatting then ISC is the place to be. The swap I am in is a 5 cards a month swap hosted by my friend Deb. I love this kind of swap because you don't have to participate every month and when you do it's for only 5 cards! This month was "Fall Fun". I was trying really hard to do something other than pumpkins, lol and I came across this leaf template I used about 4 years ago for some Bunco invites. I thought it would be perfect for a fall card. The paper is from the DCWV fall stack that I picked up last year. The leaf template is a medium sized maple leaf paper punch that I had punched out and then enlarged on my copy machine to the desired size for my card. Great idea right? Really you could do the same thing with any of your punches!

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is an awesome idea for punches - never would have thought of that!! Your card is beautiful!

Suzanne :O ) said...

great idea to use your copy machine for a template!!! I love that you used patterned paper for the leaf- I'm going to have to try that myself! :D